Tobacco Free Campus
In keeping with Premier Health's commitment to providing the highest quality care in a healthy, safe environment, all Premier Health buildings and grounds are tobacco and smoke free. We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for respecting our commitment to a healthy community.
Premier Health believes that family and friends play an important role in a patient's recovery. As part of this, we grant full and equal access to anyone you or your support person feels is appropriate. Our visiting guidelines are designed to enable consistent care of patients, and promote a sense of safety and security among patients, family, and staff.
Family members and significant others, including but not limited to a spouse or domestic partner (including a same sex domestic partner), are welcome 24 hours a day. All other friends are encouraged to visit between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm In the interest of patient safety, children under the age of 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise, a friendly reminder that Quiet Time is observed from 2:00-4:00 pm daily.
All visitors are asked to please:
- Respect the patient's need to rest and keep visits within appropriate time frames
- Help prevent the spread of infection by washing hands frequently and following all other infection control policies
- Cooperate if you are asked to leave the room during tests or treatments
Infection Control Guidelines For Visitors
- For infection control purposes, visitors and visiting hours may be restricted in the presence of a community-wide infectious disease. People with fevers, or other indications of contagious disease should not visit patients. (For safety reasons, visitation may be limited when the patient is in isolation precautions.
- The Infection Control Practitioner may restrict visitors and visiting hours in the presence of a community-wide infectious disease.
Visitation Guidelines for Children
- Any child who has had recent exposure to communicable diseases (chicken pox, influenza, measles, mumps, tuberculosis, etc) may not be brought to the hospital to visit. Visiting children should be current on their immunizations.
- At times, such as during flu season, Premier Health will restrict visitation by children. If visits by children are being restricted, information will be available at the top of this
Special Visiting Guidelines
Please check with the specific unit for the exact visiting policy for that area.
Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
Caring and support from family and friends is very beneficial to the healing and recovery process. We recognize and respect the importance of your role in your loved one's well-being. We appreciate your support and cooperation!
In order to assure quality care and confidentiality for our patients, we ask that all visitors observe these important visitation guidelines:
- The patient and family will be asked to set up a password for release of information over the phone.
- Please designate a spokesperson. Privacy regulations require us to limit discussions about patients.
- Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. with Quiet Time from 2 to 4 pm daily.
- Visiting is restricted to spouse or significant other from 8 pm to 8 am
- Children may visit, but must be under adult supervision at all times.
- Please respect the rights and privacy of all patients.
- Please do not disturb sleeping or sedated patients.
- The patient's nurse may restrict visitors or phone calls at any time if needed in the best interest of the patient.
If you have questions regarding these guidelines, please feel free to contact the Progressive Care Unit at (937) 440-4694.
To ensure a safe environment for family members, patients, and our employees, we restrict evening access to the facility. A Visitor Pass required to visit patients during this time.
Family and friends may reach a patient by calling the hospital's main number 937-440-4000 and asking for the patient by name or room number.
Sending mail, flowers or gifts
Volunteers deliver patient mail and flowers Monday through Friday.