Education and Support
The Center for Sports Medicine at Upper Valley Medical Center sponsors a variety of seminars and workshops, both in-facility and off-site, because we believe that sports medicine begins with education about injury prevention and wellness.
Programs and Workshops:
Career Exploration Programs:
- Med quest program - Brings students to a Premier Health hospital where they can receive hands-on experience and education related to specific health care subjects
- Health care exploration – Exposes students to a variety of healthcare-related professions through a career fair environment. Locations will vary across several of Premier Health locations
- Job shadowing - Formal program that allows students to visit Premier Health hospitals and shadow a professional to gain experience and investigate potential career paths
- High school athletic training skills workshop - Designed to introduce high school students to the field of athletic training and other areas of sports medicine
- Volunteer and service opportunities – Encourages participation in volunteer activities at the hospital and health care centers to gain exposure in a variety of areas
Stem Support and Health Education:
Class Calls - Designed in conjunction with school partner assistance to bring medical education to the classroom – select topics that teachers can choose from to have a health care professional present to the class.
Wellness and Safety Programs:
- Student Wellness and Safety – Provides supplemental programs focused on student wellness and safety. Examples include the Drive Smart program and Health and Safety Fairs
- Employee Wellness Programs and Supplemental Health care Services – Programs include, but are not limited to, health screenings, flu shots, other health programs and Fidelity Health Care nursing for school nursing needs
- Speakers Bureau – Various presentations on health care and health information directed to faculty/staff, parents/families and community members
UVMC Center for Sports Medicine has a wide variety of braces, often enabling our patients to receive same-day services for the product they need. In addition, we are able to provide custom orthopaedic bracing and custom-fit foot orthotics within 10-15 business days.
UVMC Center for Sports Medicine Team of the Month
October 2014 - Milton-Union High School Girls Tennis
Every month, the UVMC Center for Sports Medicine will recognize outstanding local girls' and boys' varsity athletic teams. Area school principals, coaches, athletic directors, and athletic trainers are asked to nominate a deserving team by completing the nomination form.
Download Nomination Form
Sports Medicine Quarterly Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with the Upper Valley Medical Center Sports Medicine Quarterly Newsletter.
2013 2nd Quarter Newsletter
Learn More About Sports Medicine
Premier Health Library
The Premier Health Library offers a wealth of information about sports medicine. Learn about conditions, treatments, how to prepare for surgery, and much more.
Content Updated: December 1, 2014
Upper Valley Medical Center does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The
symbol indicates a third-party website.