When cancer becomes reality, UVMC offers advanced cancer C.A.R.E.
- Clincal Trials
- Advanced Treatment
Our newly expanded Cancer Care Center and highly experienced oncology team assure that we're here for you with effective diagnosis, advanced treatment and ongoing support.
- New infusion center with heated massage chairs, flat screen TVs and other personal amenities for patient comfort.
- Advanced radiation therapy including HDR brachytherapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy, imaged guided radiation therapy and more.
- Surgical options, including laparoscopic surgery, interventional radiology, and dedicated CT scanner.
- Cancer registry and clinical trials.
- Healing Garden offering a natural, calming environment for reflection and healing.
- Support programs and patient navigator available to assist with coordination of resources.
- Accredited by the Americal College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and The Joint Commission.
UVMC Cancer Care Center Awarded Accreditation With Commendation
Upper Valley Medical Center's Cancer Care program has received Accreditation with Commendation from The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons. The accreditation, good for three years, was awarded following an extensive onsite evaluation.
CoC accreditation ensures a patient they will have access to: comprehensive care; a multi-specialty team approach to coordinate treatment options; information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options; access to cancer-related information, education and support; a cancer registry collecting data on type and stages of cancers and treatment results and lifelong patient follow up; ongoing monitoring of care; and quality care close to home.
“The accreditation award with commendation means our center has exceeded the strict review of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, which includes eight areas of programming activity and evaluation on 36 standards. This means our center is a center of excellence,” said Jean Heath, Cancer Care Center Director. More information on the Commission on Cancer is available at www.facs.org/cancer/index/html .