About Your Records
Upper Valley Medical Center (UVMC) Medical Records/Health Information Management Services Department keeps medical records for 22 years after the patient’s visit. These records include:
- Your health history (what you tell the health care providers about your past and present health status)
- Your medical examination findings (what the health care providers observe when you are examined)
Other information in your medical record may include:
- Lab test results
- Medications prescribed
- Plans for further care, including instruction for self-care and return visits
- Communication between your health care provider and any other health professional contributing to your care
What a Medical Record Does Not Contain
Your UVMC medical record does not contain the following information or documentation:
- Birth Certificate: If you or your child were born at UVMC, you'll need to request a copy of your birth certificate from the Miami County Bureau of Vital Statistics at (937) 440-8105.
- Imaging Films: Requests for X-ray, MRI, nuclear medicine, or other films should be directed to the Medical Imaging Services Department at (937) 440-4800.
- Immunization Records: Requests for copies of immunization records should be directed to the clinic or the physician office where the service was performed.
Questions About Billing
Billing questions should be directed to UVMC Business Office at (937) 208-2777 or (800) 544-0630.
DISCLAIMER: Upper Valley Medical Center does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.