Find a Doctor

Search by Name

Search by Specialty

Search by Insurance

Search Within            Zipcode


Search Within

 miles of  

Request a Copy

You can request a copy of your Upper Valley Medical Center (UVMC) medical record to be sent to you or a designated recipient. A processing fee may be required. Call (937) 440-4650 or 440-4651 for details. There is no charge if records are sent directly to your physician.

Written Authorization Required

The Authorization of Release of Medical Information/Patient Access Form is your authorization to copy your UVMC medical record, or parts of your record, and forward it to another person or organization. Your original signature is checked against our records to validate the authenticity of your request.
You can get this form one of three ways:

  • Download it. To open the form you’ll need Adobe® Acrobat Reader®, which you can download for freeOff Site Icon.
  • Call the Medical Records/Health Information Management Services Department at (937) 440-4650 to request that the form be mailed to you.
  • Stop by the Medical Records/Health Information Management Services Department during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You will need to show a valid form of personal identification.

Submitting an Authorization

Submit a signed copy of the authorization form by mail, fax, or in person.


Mail: Upper Valley Medical Center
ATTN: Health Information Services
3130 N. County Rd. 25A
Troy, OH 45373
Fax: (937) 440-4385
In Person: The Medical Records/Health Information Management Services Department is located on the Lower Level. Hours are from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.


Please allow up to 10 working days for your request to be processed. If you come to the Medical Records/Health Information Services Department to pick up your copy, please bring a photo ID.

Processing time for copies of medical records is 7 to 10 working days after receipt of a valid authorization and final completion of the medical record by all physicians involved.

Who Can Request a Copy?

The following people are authorized to sign for the release of medical records:

  • Patient (not the spouse)
  • Parent (with some exceptions)
  • Legal guardian (proof of guardianship document must be provided)
  • Power of attorney if the patient is unable to sign (legal documentation must be provided and must specify access to medical information)
  • Representative of the estate for a deceased patient (legal documentation must be provided, including a copy of the death certificate)

DISCLAIMER: Upper Valley Medical Center does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The Off Site Icon symbol indicates a third-party website.